Membership of the Post Tensioning Association is open to companies directly engaged in the manufacturing and/or installing of post tensioning materials and/or the design of post tensioned structures in the United Kingdom which share our beliefs.
Contact the Chairman for more information.
The PTA has two membership grades; Full Member and Associate Member.
Full Members are companies which are involved in installing or designing PT structures or who are key suppliers to the PT industry. They are fully compliant with the PTA's strict membership requirements including quality, health and safety, training and participation criteria.
Associate Members will have an interest in PT whilst not being able to fully comply with the Full Member requirements. Both grades of member shall comply with the following:
- Uphold the requirements and obligations of the PTA Constitution
- Attend at a minimum of one meeting of the PTA within the previous twelve month period (except Associate Members)
- Participate in working groups set up by the PTA, when requested to do so
- Provide up to date project information for inclusion on the PTA website and/or other publicity
- Shall at all times operate in such a way as to avoid bringing the PTA or post-tensioning into disrepute.
Full Member Specialist Contractor
- Shall hold and maintain accreditation as a Cares Approved Contractor
- Shall hold industry recognised accreditation for their Health and Safety systems
- Shall have been active within the business of Post-tensioning within the previous twelve month period and shall provide evidence to this effect on request of the Chairman.
- Shall have a commitment to train all PT site personnel in accordance with CARES requirements and to maintain a core of dedicated PT personnel so that technical, installation, stressing (and grouting if applicable) skills are maintained.
Tel: 01332 288135
Tel: 0113 270 1221
Ian JarvisEmail: email@example.com
Tel: 01952 201901
Tel: 0208 7364300
Tel: 01844 291239
Full Member Designer
- Shall be actively involved in the design and/or specification of significant post-tensioned structures erected in the UK by CARES approved PT contractors.
- Shall hold industry recognised accreditation for their Quality systems.
- Shall adopt the principals of the Cares Specification and/or Concrete Society TR47 for Post-tensioned projects.
- Shall have been active within the business of Post-tensioning within the previous twelve month period and shall provide evidence to this effect on request of the Chairman
- Shall have a suitably experienced Chartered Engineer overseeing all post-tensioning design/specification activities.
Tel: 0203 7751400
Mob: 07841 448178
Tel: 01225 320600
Tel: 0161 834 1938
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8731 4000
Tel: 0121 230 1650
Tel: 0207 089 6800
Tel: 0207 314 4684
Full Member Supplier
- Shall have been active within the business of producing and/or supplying materials and products for use in the Post-tensioning sector within the previous twelve month period and shall provide evidence to this effect on request of the Chairman.
- Shall be CARES accredited where this is relevant to their service, product or material.
- Shall demonstrate a commitment to continuously improve such materials or products supplied to the benefit of the Post-tensioning industry.
Tel: 0114 238 1361
Tel: 07816 499542
Tel: 0207 963 8000
- Organisations or individuals who have an interest in post-tensioning but who cannot fulfil the Full Member criteria. Associate Members must be able to comply with the requirements of the "Membership Criteria General Requirements" section.
- Shall be active on at least one of the PTA Working Group, where requested to do so.
- Associate Member may attend the PTA meetings by invitation only.